I am from the womb of my mother, crying for attention.
I am from smiles, moments, eye contacts, rendezvous, letters, pictures, flights and lots of love.
I am from Levant mountains, bombs, wars and blood.
I am from pages of books I've read, role models I've tried so hard to mimic, pictures I've painted, people I've hugged, places I've been, movies I've seen, music I've danced to alone on a Thursday Night, parties I never went to, hangouts I've cancelled, e-mails I've ignored.
I am from my mother, who never wore make up, maybe because she never needed to.
I am from my father, whom I hated so much for making me do so much Math as a child, who bought me books when everyone got Barbies, and to him I can never be grateful enough.
I am from the five year old girl whose toys I ruined because I wanted similar ones.
I am from the kids I bullied because I felt they were so much better, I'm sorry.
I am from the guitar I bought and never learnt to play.
I am from the times I said things without thinking and hurt people so close to me.
I am from the notes I passed in class through out my school years, the times I faked sickness to skip class, the scary notes I left in some people's bags.
I am from the short hair I had to keep boys away, which seemed to work very fine, the denims I wore and the legendary no make up rule.
I am from opinions and beliefs opposing my parents', most of the time for the heck of a discussion.
I am from the people who make me smile.
I am from the good times I had with you and the many to come.
I am from the dreams that never fade but never stop changing either way.
I am from smiles, moments, eye contacts, rendezvous, letters, pictures, flights and lots of love.
I am from Levant mountains, bombs, wars and blood.
I am from pages of books I've read, role models I've tried so hard to mimic, pictures I've painted, people I've hugged, places I've been, movies I've seen, music I've danced to alone on a Thursday Night, parties I never went to, hangouts I've cancelled, e-mails I've ignored.
I am from my mother, who never wore make up, maybe because she never needed to.
I am from my father, whom I hated so much for making me do so much Math as a child, who bought me books when everyone got Barbies, and to him I can never be grateful enough.
I am from the five year old girl whose toys I ruined because I wanted similar ones.
I am from the kids I bullied because I felt they were so much better, I'm sorry.
I am from the guitar I bought and never learnt to play.
I am from the times I said things without thinking and hurt people so close to me.
I am from the notes I passed in class through out my school years, the times I faked sickness to skip class, the scary notes I left in some people's bags.
I am from the short hair I had to keep boys away, which seemed to work very fine, the denims I wore and the legendary no make up rule.
I am from opinions and beliefs opposing my parents', most of the time for the heck of a discussion.
I am from the people who make me smile.
I am from the good times I had with you and the many to come.
I am from the dreams that never fade but never stop changing either way.
No comments:
Post a Comment